Who can register?The following persons are eligible to register:
• a descendant of a Ngāpuhi tūpuna; or
• whāngai on their own behalf or by their legal Ngāpuhi guardian; or
• Ngāpuhi adult members who affiliate to any marae or hapū within Te Whare Tapu o Ngāpuhi
• Ngāpuhi under 18 years (parents or guardians must sign on behalf of minors).
The purpose of registering with Te Rūnanga-A-Iwi-O-Ngāpuhi, is to collect in a centralised place the contact details of all those who affiliate to Ngāpuhi.
You are then;
- Part of the tribal 'profile'
- Able to vote (18 years and over)
- Able to be readily communicated with, along with Ngāpuhi around the motu and the world
- Eligible to apply for grants and/or scholarships.
First we collect your contact details, occupation and whakapapa, which is entered into an electronic database. This database stores only the information you give us, so if your contact details change, you will need to let us know.
Registration is done from a hapū and marae perspective to help people make these connections back to their marae. Registration forms are available from our website or from the Rūnanga website and office.
Please Contact Us if you need any further assistance.
Download Ngapuhi Registration Form
* Online registrations are temporarily unavailable due to upgrading. We look forward to offering a new and improved service shortly.